No. The only eligible shoppers are preK - grade 12 teachers, plus administrators, teachers, counselors, media specialists, therapists, nursing staff, secretaries, and paras/aides, who are employed by a publicly-elected school board in Brown, Greene, Lawrence, Monroe, and Owen Counties, plus the Metropolitan School District of Martinsville.
Yes, if they shop with their supervising teacher or have verification of his/her approval. Free items obtained by student teachers count toward the supervising teacher's quarterly limits.
Yes. Teachers may take 30 items each quarter. Some items have limits. Some do not. For example, teachers may only take 30 pencils, 100 sheets of card stock, and 3 packs of sticky notes a visit. Items with limits are clearly marked with yellow labels. All other items have no limits.
See our Teachers page for more information.
No. We are a store without a cash register. There is no registration charge, and there are no prices on any products on our shelves. We do ask shopper to send thank you notes to five donors.
First-time shoppers must fill out a shopper's log, indicating where they teach, grade level/position, number of students, and contact information. Teachers must verify employment on your first visit with a valid school I.D., pay stub or letter from the administration office.
- Any dirty or torn items, items you wouldn't give to a family member to use
- AV/CD labels or sleeves
- Binders larger than 3”
- Contemporary adult fiction books
- Bubble wrap
- Bulletin board individual cut outs
- Cardboard tubes < 23”
- Cash register rolls
- Chemicals of any kind
- Clothes, except costumes, socks, gloves
- Colored markers, used
- Colored pencils, used
- Computers, monitors, keyboards
- Crayons not new in package
- Dictionaries, thesauruses older than 10 years
- Fax or photo paper
- Food containers
- Picture frames
- Glass vases or containers
- Kazoos, harmonicas, recorders unless new in package
- Labels – except for mailing and file folder sizes
- Legal-sized anything
- Leveled reading materials
- Magazine boxes, cardboard
- Magazines, except National Geographic < 5 years
- House paint
- Photocopied materials
- Pill prescription bottles
- Play Doh or similar unless new in package
- Plush toys unless new in package
- Posters, rolled or laminated
- Professional development books older than 5 years
- Stickers from charities
- Teacher-made materials
- Textbooks, Teachers Editions